After 21 years at the Alliance Française of Pasadena, 2 years as a teacher and 19 as the Director, I have decided to step down. Although I will not do so until the end of the summer, I already feel nostalgic about the idea of leaving my colleagues in the AF network, my teammates at AF de Pasadena, and all the people who are involved in our chapter. This experience has been particularly enriching, but it is time for someone else to step in and for me to seek other adventures.
We are looking for the right person… So, I am adding a description of the job here. If you know of someone who might be interested, please have them send us their resume and motivation letter before April 30th to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alliance Française de Pasadena 232 N. Lake Ave. Suite 105 Pasadena, CA 91101
Position offered: Executive Director
The Alliance Française de Pasadena Executive Director is responsible for fulfilling the worldwide Alliance Française mission in Pasadena and its surrounding communities. Its goal is to promote knowledge and appreciation of the French language and Francophone cultures, and to encourage friendship and collaboration with the French-speaking world.
The Executive Director is the management leader of the organization and oversees the administration of the Cultural programs as well as the everyday activities of the school and the Exam Center. Other duties include fundraising, marketing and community outreach. The Director reports directly to the Board of Directors monthly.
• Lead the Alliance Française in a manner that complies with the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
• Communicate effectively with the Board and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability
• Maintain the fiscal integrity of the Alliance Française, including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget as well as monthly financial statements that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
• Uphold fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintains the organization in a positive financial position.
• Present fundraising and resource development to support the organization’s mission.
Organizational Mission and Strategy
• Implement an array of programs that successfully carries out the organization’s mission.
• Enhance the image of the Alliance Française through engagement with the surrounding communities and partnership with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
• Effectively manage the day-to-day and long-term operations of the Alliance Française (the Cultural Center, the School and the Exam Center)
• Hire, evaluate, and retain a competent team of staff and teachers
• Function as the responsible signatory for all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of the organization.
• show computer proficiency to ensure that staff and teachers work in the best conditions, that the equipment is up to date, etc…
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in French as a Foreign Language preferred
• Be or planned to become “Formateur d’examinateurs-correcteurs du DELF DALF” in the next 2 years
• Cultural competency, fluency with both spoken and written French, with experience in France or other francophone nations preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including public speaking
• Management experience highly recommended with a record of transparent and high integrity leadership
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
Although some of the following skills can be learned, prior experience will be looked upon favorably
• Skills in collaboration and motivation of board members and other volunteers
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
• Cultural competency and knowledge of the local community
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations in the nonprofit sector
Email resume to email@example.com. Applications should be received by April 30th, 2018. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.